Today, the Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents for proving the identity of a person. The complete identity of a person, including his biometric details, is hidden in this 12-digit card. Aadhaar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). UIDAI offers a variety of Aadhaar-related services that cardholders can use online. This also includes the Aadhaar verification facility, through which you can verify your Aadhaar card.
In a tweet post, UIDAI has discussed the need and method of online verification of Aadhaar. You should check whether your Aadhaar number is active or not, before using your Aadhaar card. Along with this, you should also know whether the information printed on your Aadhaar card is matching with the details of UIDAI’s database or not.
How to verify Aadhaar number :
Verification of any Aadhaar can be done from the UIDAI website or by using the mAadhaar app.
- First, you need to go to the UIDAI website, uidai.gov.in.
- After this, select ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’ from the service menu.
- After this, enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code in the provided spaces.
- Then, proceed to verify. The Aadhaar number will be verified if it is authentic.
- Details like age, gender, state, and last three/four digits of the mobile number linked to that Aadhaar will appear on the screen
A significant number of cases of fraud related to Aadhaar cards are continuously coming to the fore. This is why UIDAI has been constantly warning people. In the absence of Aadhaar, people have to face a number of issues, including not getting the benefits of government schemes.